12 vital techniques of Digital Marketing in 2017
Most significant trends in digital marketing for the year ahead:
- Market and customer insight and predictive analytics
- Building communities with Content marketing
- Conversion rate optimisation and improving website experiences
- Display Advertising - Banners on publishers, ad networks, social media including retargeting and programmatic
- Marketing Applications
- Marketing Automation - Email Marketing, Drip campaigns and personalisation
- Mobile marketing (Mobile advertising, site development and apps)
- Paid search marketing, e.g. Google AdWords Pay Per Click
- Online PR including influencer outreach
- Partnerships including affiliate marketing and co-marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) or organic search
- Social media marketing including Social CRM and Social Customer Care
An integrated content marketing strategy is without a doubt the most relevant in planning today's digital marketing strategy. And a marketing automation tool can further increase great returns with targeted email and drip marketing campaigns.
Mobile also has a large impact on search marketing as Google vigorously follows its mobile first mantra. The reality is that many web users are still using desktop, laptop and tablet devices and there is a danger with mobile responsive designs that conversion on higher resolution screens may fall if mobile optimised. Instead, leading corporates are looking at adaptive mobile design approaches which have the benefit of serving more relevant, contextual content and CTAs for users and reducing load times.
Trends in social media marketing are often controlled by the efforts of the social networks to monetise and this has seen Facebook and Instagram, in particular make changes such that businesses now need to 'pay to play' to get the reach needed to have an impact. They have continued to innovate in their targeting and remarketing options.
Google AdWords continues to be the most important form of Pay Per Click. Small, medium and large businesses continue to see great value in running targeted PPC campaigns. Not to miss out Online PR, that is inextricably linked with Content marketing, SEO and Social media.
Targeted Reach, Cost Effective, Great measurement and analytics, Value for your advertising dollar - Digital marketing is the way to go!